Saturday, September 06, 2008

Of roll calls and power cuts!

The roll call - the one senseless ritual that guys are not subjected to, is actually fun! Now that it is accompanied by the 9:00 - 10:00 P.M. power cut, the fun has increased manifold.....how you may ask!?!
Well for one thing, the moment the clock strikes 8:50 P.M., me and my roomies "prepare" ourselves for the power cut(you know what i mean!). From this point onwards, we stop looking at our mobiles for the time(wonder what watches are for!) because we know that the TNEB is very very ahem efficient! So power goes exactly at 9:00 P.M.!
Now the moment we are plunged in darkness, everyone trudges out of their rooms grudgingly for roll call. "Luckily" since we are on the second floor, the moment we reach the stairs, the girls with Sony Ericsson mobiles switch on their inbuilt torches(damn Nokia!....Except 1100 ofcourse!).
The moment we reach downstairs, the incredible hunt for the missing roomie begins! The best part is that she would have been right next to you few minutes ago....but the moment you reach the line...POOF! She won't be there! Anyways after countless times of screaming her name, she will come panting saying "Sorry sorry I was in the mess"...ah the mess story!
Now when we reach the loooooooooooong queue, the real fun starts. With my roving eye, I spot those who push others in the line and those who irritated me during the day. They don't call me "Stealth" for nothing, so I slowly go near them and give them a jab or pull their hair...thereby decreasing the strand count on their head by atleast 5...YAY! Immediately I start locking and unlocking my phone at a furious speed in order to create the illusion of messaging, while my victim looks around suspiciously.
After the roll call, everyone drifts of into smaller groups. Some go back to their rooms, or others' rooms rather. Others stay back and chat incessantly about arbit stuff ranging from mess food to waist circumferences.
During the power cut, there are some who switch on their torches and emergency lights and write records and assignments(God knows how!) and others who sing stupid songs at absurd volumes! And trust me when I say "stupid songs"....most of them involve Bobby and Sunny Deol!
My conclusion is that, power cuts are actually fun, if you exclude the sweltering heat and the mosquitoes, because they bring friends together :)
HAIL POWER CUTS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a routine, haha!

ark :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ark :) said...

lol... awesome post but so bloody true..