Friday, January 01, 2010

Habbie Nu Ear!

I absolutely have NO idea why I spelt the title like that. I guess GRE preparation finally got to me and I've forgotten to spell the words I already knew how to spell. For those wondering, I've finished 3 letters in the word list. Oh wait. The letters were X, Y, and Z. That makes it a grand total of 12 words. Man, I got to put that on my CV.


Anyways, in other "new"s(haha...get it!?! News and "new"s :P), the new year has dawned upon us, the old one slinking away with all those resolutions that we made last year still pending fulfillment. But we continue making those damn resolutions. Why? Probably to experience the feeling(even if it's only for a few weeks, in my case, hours) that we will begin the year with a sense of purpose.


So, I've made a few resolutions of my own that I want to share with you. Yes, you, my imaginary reader :) Some of the resolutions are new, some old, both with the expectation that they never have to be made again.

  1. To become leaner, meaner and fitter: I actually don't need the meaner bit. I had to add it because "leaner, meaner and fitter" has a nice ring to it.
  2. To study: To. Study. Two simple words in writing, but so very, very hard in implementation.
  3. To write more, and by extension, blog more: Oh yeah, this is something I have to start doing.
  4. To get rid of the accent with which I converse in English: It's kind of a tamilian and mallu accent. I have to get rid of it. Really need to get rid of it.
  5. To get rid of the accent with which I converse in Tamil: It's kind of an "English" accent. I know, I know...so messed up that I can't speak even one language well :P
  6. To enjoy life: Simple one, ain't it? I just want to enjoy every single moment of life. Squeeze the juice out, you know. However, I don't know if it's possible considering resolution number 2.
  7. To read more: I have nearly left the habit of reading after entering college. However, it's going to be back with a bang this year. Hopefully.
  8. This isn't a resolution: Ahem, I had to append another point, because I like even numbers. Couldn't stand the fact that my list had to end with the number 7. Oh, the horror!

That's about it, I guess. Hopefully, I'll stick to it and be back writing a similar post at the end of 2010, except on a more positive note :)

Happy New Year, guys. Hope this new year brings more width to your smile, more money in your pocket, more shine in your eyes, and more love in your life.

No comments: