Friday, January 20, 2012

Bananas, Dosas and Mallikas

I have a few points that don't merit a post by themselves, so I thought I'd put them all together. Also, I wanted to give my readers something to read. Fine fine, you caught me...I wanted to update the blog so I posted this. Now run along and read. Or better yet, read and then promote my blog y'all ;)

  • Yesterday when I was in office at around 7:30 P.M.(still), I coughed. You should know that when I cough, Rajnikanth closes his ears.
    Anyway, I rushed home as fast as I could. I wanted to hit the sack as soon as possible(after eating Maggi and watching half a season of Dexter, that is). And guess what I see right next to my building?
    A cultural program(that's not so bad), where people were singing(the fuck...that guy just raped Rahman's song!) and cheap guys were standing all around(I am not even hot, what the hell is wrong with you!).
    Well, being the optimist that I am I just plugged in the earphones and watched Dexter hack a guy to death with a mallet. Ah peace.
    At about 10:30 P.M., I decided to sleep after drugging myself. I had heard somewhere that sarakku helps during a cold. But then I had weird thoughts like "What if the stuff reacts with the medicines I just took and bursts in the stomach the way Pepsi and Mentos kills people?", so I decided against it.
    There was no noise outside so I assumed the program was over. And that is when a man announced that they would be singing Kalasala Kalasala.

    Kalasala Kalasala Kalasala Kalasala

    Oh god no.
    Mallika is cold like a cucumber
    Pillow on face.
    My dear darling, Mallika is calling you
    Am I actually trying dance along with the song by varying my breathing patterns? STOP IT!

  • This next point might get me into trouble because a lot of people related to me read this blog. But whatever. So recently I met one US return and you know how I feel about them. I tried being civil though. We went out for some good ol' South Indian breakfast and this person orders a dosa.
    And then you know what this person says? "Like, oh my god, this place is so authentic! Look how the dosa is...so authentic. Wow so messy....and so authentic". Every time that person said the word authentic with that irritating throaty tone, I wanted to wring that person's neck. But like the good girl I am, I kept quiet and inhaled two dosas faster than light.  

  • Recently, I was taking the help of a superior. I was supposed to produce 2 files result1 and result2 which were strikingly similar. So I by mistake produced the same file twice and saved it as A and B What happened next is one of the funniest things that has happened to me since joining work.

    S: So which file is result1?
    Me: A is result1.
    S: And what is B?
    Me: result2.
    S: But looks like A and B is the same.
    Me: Nope.
    S: Wait. Look at the files. Now tell me...what is A?
    Me: result1.
    S: And B?
    Me: result....oh. It's result1 only.
    S: You watch tamizh movies?
    Me: Yeah. Why?
    S(laughing): Because this is like the vazhapazham comedy.
         Sooooo funny and embarrassing at the same time!

4 comments:

The Crazy Pink said...

lol the cultural program thingy happd to me last sunday morning(12 pm)!! I wanted to sleep sooooo badly 'n some bugger was droning some kannada songs sooo loudly!

Gaya said...

@The Crazy Pink: AAArgh sounds frustrating! Can't believe they choose such ungodly hours to do such things!

Divster said...

that was vazhapazham comedy Re-mixed! :P

Gaya said...

@divster: Indeed :D I was laughing imagining the scene!