Saturday, July 10, 2010

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Well, not right now but exactly one week from now, my father would be accusing us of delay. See, this is how it works in our family.

while(journey)
{
switch(time)
{
case 9:00 A.M.:
Appa: We should leave at 8:30 P.M., maximum. Train is at 10:00 P.M.
All: Ok.

case 3:00 P.M.:
Appa: We should leave at 9:00 P.M., maximum. Train is at 10:00 P.M.
All: Ok.

case 6:00 P.M.:
Appa: We should leave at 9:15 P.M., maximum. Train is at 10:00 P.M.
All: Ok.

case 9:30 P.M.:
We actually leave home.

case 9:59 P.M.:
All: Yay! We made it.
Appa: Reeeeally...you people...next time, I'm telling youuuu...
}
}

So hell(NIT Trichy) beckons and I must be there no later than 12th. Yeah, bull. I'm gonna be there on 18th. I seriously don't want to go back this time. I mean, usually at the end of other vacations I say the same thing. But this time is different. This time, I really don't want to go back. See how I put 'really' in bold?

I'm most comfortable at home. At home, I'm an annoying, irritating, over-confident, loud-mouthed know-it-all. At college, I'm nothing like that. Maybe annoying and irritating. But everything else goes down the drain. I know it seems like I adhere perfectly to the character sketch even in college, but seriously, I'm nothing like that. This semester is going to be the worst yet. I'm absolutely 100% sure that my self-confidence level is going to be on the negative side.

I've observed that there are two kinds of people:
  • Chilled out-> I love these people. They're genuinely chilled out and they don't give a shit. How amazing is that!
  • Freaked out-> I love these people. They're genuinely freaked out and they are open about it. How amazing is that!
Then, there's the third kind.
  • Chilled out on the outside, freaked out on the inside-> I hate these people. They act like they've got their shit together. But one day, their pent-up frustrations give way to the freaked out persona.
I'm the third kind. And believe me, next semester is going to be full of mood fluctuations. Oh Genie, I just want one wish from you. I wish I could stay home :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol gaya :) i can see how much you feel ;)