Saturday, December 11, 2010

And the award goes to...

Recently, our very own Mozart, A.R. Rahman, won two Oscars for his brilliant music direction, in Slumdog Millionaire. This got me thinking. We Indians do have an ear for music, but do we have an ear for words, rather lyrics? Take a look at the follwing.

Disclaimer: Take a breather and sit down. These songs might cause cardiac insomnia.

-> Cow dies,
Man eats,
Take the skin,
Beat the drum
Naaku Mukka(x14) - I'm ain't kiddin' here.

Yep, one of the biggest hits of the year. Got all of Tamil Nadu(dare I say India) on the dance floor. When there are lightning fast beats, who gives a damn about the lyrics!?!

-> When I close my eyes,
and I'm about to sleep,
My bedroom fan comes down,
And wakes me up,
And tells me to think of you

If you have a broken-hearted friend, who has a really big nose and atrocious spectacles and bugs bunny teeth, this is the song for him. Guarenteed to make you commit suicide after you hear the ghastly rap from Blaaze(who in my opinion might just be your friendly neighbourhood bathroom singer, nay, rapper).

-> Light a cigarette,
From the liver,
There's a huge fire,
In my liver.

This might be because Bips has a lotta bile(pun intended).

And to think that India once produced great poets like Rabindranath Tagore, Kalidas among many others.
I leave you with the best one.

-> Where is the party tonight?
(low pitched grunt)
It's in your house.
Where is the party tonight?
(yet another low pitched grunt)
It's in my house.
Where is the party tonight?
(low pitched grunt, again)
In the middle of the road.
Where is the party tonight?
(the last low pitched grunt)
In Tamil Nadu.

No comments: