Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Growing Up or Growing Old?

Recently, one of my very good friends, L, told me that I had changed a lot since first year(for the uninitiated, I'm a final year student). I asked her in what way. And her reply just sent me into a spiral of despair; she said I had become more serious, more mature and I laughed a lot less. And, everyone else seems to agree, including me.

I remember the kind of person I was in school. My friends and me were wee bit mental, but that was the fun of it! I mean, we used to laugh at almost everything. We never took anything seriously. Even exams :D
I remember this one time, when we all had hardly studied except Jinx(nerd of our group). I think it was Chemistry and we had like 21 lessons or something. Most of us had studied just 5-6. And that's the truth. So, we are all sitting silently in the class with 10 minutes to go to the exam and suddenly, if I remember correctly, Jass started humming the first line of the song Right Here Right Now from the movie Bluffmaster. And the effect of what followed was almost magical because each one of us - Munch, Jass, Pri and me- started singing, producing a very very good version of the original. Obviously, Jinx was staring at us like we had gone bonkers because we were interrupting her third revision.


Now, my gang loved this song for many reasons:
1) Even the bad singers could take part in the song, that is the Abhishek Bachchan part.
2) We all LOVED imitating Priyanka Chopra and her trying-to-be-sexy-but-failing-miserably act.
3) Pretty models in skimpy clothes + a bed still equals a very very effeminate Abhishek. Only possible in his case :D

Sigh...good times!

Anyways, I have decided to stop mopping around like the entire world is on my shoulders and just be happy!
By the way, the reason this post came up is because last night my brother T and me were laughing till we had tears in our eyes. It has been really long since that happened! Oh, and we were laughing over Malcolm in the Middle...it's awesome. Highly recommended!


2 comments:

Divster said...

i kno u must hav heard this like many times and i don't want to sound like a broken guitar string.. twannng.. but yes, u cud very well call it 'signs of growing up'. Now whether we ever do reach tat point wher we can proclaim ourselves as 'grown-up'.. let me know if u reach tat point, cuz i haven't! :-D

Gaya said...

Haha actually I don't think I have either...but sometimes I feel I don't have as much fun as when I was young you know? But I guess at every stage we have fun in a different way :)