Thursday, September 08, 2011

They grow up fast!

I have a brother who is 7 years younger than me. However, according to my mom our mental age is pretty much the same. In fact, I might be a little more immature than him, you know. For example, whenever his friends call, I make it a point to scream "Ooooh is that your girlfriend?" or "{Insert bro's name - I cannot defame him in public, you see}, that girl you met yesterday is calling for you on the other line"! Or when he orders a dish in the hotel, I always keep "tasting" food from his plate. Or when he is watching TV/playing on his PSP/PS2(Spoiled much?), I just have to dance in front of the TV or close his eyes so as to block his view. Or when he is completing his record book, I ramble on and on about I am jobless and I am free to do whatever I want. I know, I am such an asshole :P


But one day, you realize that your baby brother isn't really a baby anymore. And it's kind of unsettling...this feeling. You know your younger brother is growing up when:


  • He has a mobile phone
    Can you see the dabba phone above? That is my phone. It has a zillion scratches on it. It hangs more than a cool guy from the hood does with his homies. And its display is screwed up. My brother on the other hand has the phone pictured below. It's not just a phone, it's a smart phone. Pfft.



  • He is part of the community "OMFG Megan Fox is so hot she must have been a part of the sun!!!!!" on Facebook
    I know, right? First of all, how did he even find this community? If he found it by searching for it, were the keywords a combination of the words Megan, Fox and Hot? Scary :|

  • He runs to another room when he gets a message or callYep. Every. Single. Time. And he lowers his voice like he is a top secret government agent! But the best Facepalm I have ever witnessed happened to him the other day. My parents, my brother and me are waiting for the lift. And suddenly, he gets a call. As usual, he runs away saying(with fake irritation and actual expectation in his voice) "Oh my god...who is calling me now!?!". But by the time he could answer the phone, the caller cut the phone. And when he checks the missed calls list, it turns out my dad was calling him. Haha my dad's sense of humour rocks!

  • You need him to retrieve things from the top shelf and not vice-versa
    He is so very tall! I think the last time I looked down at him was when he was in 7th grade! If human dominance could be asserted only on the basis of height, I'd be gone!

  • He takes more time than you to get dressed
    I have written a small algorithm for your benefit.
    1. Start
    2. Comb hair till you are satisfied
    3. If outfit already chosen go to step 9. Else step 4.
    4. Choose an outfit
    5. Try on the outfit and stare at yourself in the mirror for 10 minutes
    6. Outfit sucks? Go back to step 3. Else go to step 7
    7. Happy? Awesome! Aww shucks now the hair's all messed up
    8. Go back to step 2
    9. Finish an entire bottle of Axe deodourant
    10. End
     

5 comments:

milpas999 said...

hey, same with my younger brother...

Null_Void_Scarlet said...

Omggg!!!
Enjoyed this article soo muj..
U rock, as always :)

Gaya said...

@Milpas999: inch pinch :D
@Scarlet: Ahem thank you...you flatter me too much :P

Ammar said...

can i get a link to ur brothers blog...wud be interested in any piece on 'my nosy sister and her nagging blog'...something lik tht:P

Gaya said...

@Ammar: Dude! My brother likes my blog too..so you will never find a post like that in his blog :P :D